It’s bad enough that these little black lines have got into framed pictures and the two flat-screen monitors in the office, now they are marching around my specs – while I’m wearing them!

Where I grew up we called them “corn flies” , in East Anglia they are “thunder flies” . Any other names ( apart from expetives)?